Sunday, July 15, 2012

PB&J Ice cream: Paleo Butter and Jelly ice cream

 PB&J Ice cream 
Paleo Butter and Jelly ice cream

This is the easiest little dessert.  I'll be honest...sometimes when Kyle is working...and no one is watching...I'll just have this for dinner or lunch.  Okay...the secret is out.  All you need is some frozen bananas...some almond butter...and some strawberries.

I always have frozen bananas in my freezer now.  Take them out of the peel...cut them up into smaller chunks and freeze.  I will usually freeze on a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet. (That way they don't stick all together.) Once they are frozen you can put them in a freezer bag and save them for later.

Here is all you do...take out your food processor.  (Have I told you lately how much i LOVE my food processor?!)  Best purchase ever!  If you don't have one...you should get one!


Then you put in your bananas.  I just put in as much as I think I am going to eat.  Next you put in a couple spoonfuls of Almond butter.  Process until they get smooth.  It will eventually turn into the consistency of soft serve ice cream...I promise...it just takes a while! 

Top with Strawberries...YUM!!! I got my strawberries from "the secret garden."  Well...that is what I like to call Kyle's little garden on the side of the house. The story goes...unbeknown to me...Kyle had built a garden on the side of the house that I never go on (there are no windows on that side of the house).  One day we were coming home from services, the garage door opens and I see vegetable plant sitting in the garage.  I ask, "What is that for?"  Kyle says, "Nothing."  The tone in his voice and look on his face told me something was definitely up.  Kyle walks me to the side of our house and I say, "We have a garden?!"  Thus...it has been referred to as "the secret garden" ever since.  He says he wanted to surprise me with produce from our garden one day.

Back to the ice cream...It really tastes like ice cream!

There are so many variations you can do with this.  Sometimes I just do banana, no almond butter, and then I top with some slivered almonds and a little Chocolate (no sugar/no dairy).  YUM!!!

This would be another really easy, healthy treat for some kiddos!


I bet you want a bite...don't you?!

No comments:

Post a Comment