Tonight I wasn't really feeling what was planned for dinner. It was a pretty crazy day at work and I just wanted a bowl of something comforting. So on the drive home I started thinking we might have the stuff to attempt to prepare fried rice. It actually turned out pretty good. This would be a great winter dinner. A steamy, yummy, comforting bowl of deliciousness!
I almost forgot the most important part...it really does taste like fried rice...not cauliflower!
I really didn't measure anything out. Here is what you'll need:
- Sesame oil
- Olive oil
- 1 large carrot (diced)
- Peas (I just cut up some pea pods)
- Chicken (However much you would like) Or any other meat - we had chicken on hand
- 1 head Cauliflower
- Fresh Ginger Grated
- Juice of 1 lime
- Chili powder
- Cayenne pepper (Next time I'll make sure to have some Thai chillies on hand)
- 2 eggs (next time I would use at least 3)
- Garlic powder (you could use fresh)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
*I would add cashews next time...that sounds yummy!
- "Rice" cauliflower (put in food processor until the consistency of rice. Or you could shred it)
- Put riced cauliflower in the microwave for about 7 minutes.
- Cut chicken into small, bite sized pieces
- Cook chicken in a mixture of Olive and Sesame oil. Season with ginger, cayenne pepper, chili, garlic and salt.
- Put chicken aside
- Cook Carrot and peas in sesame/olive oil until they start getting a little tender
- Put in Cauliflower - Cook until Cauliflower starts to brown a little
- Season with more ginger, garlic powder, chili, cayenne, juice of 1 lime, salt and pepper to taste.
- Move Cauliflower to side of pan. Crack 2 eggs (or more) and scramble a little then mix in with the rest of the cauliflower.
- Place meat back into pan and cook together for a few minutes. Season to taste.
Eat piping hot and steaming...this was good stuff! I'm excited to try some different variations!
It was just what I needed after a crazy day...a yummy dinner...a hug from my sweet husband who helped to make dinner and clean up after...and a nice relaxing evening watching a Mariner's game. Okay...the Mariner's game wasn't my choice. But Kyle is doing laundry right now as he watches and he just swept the floor so I'd be crazy to say something! :)