Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Paleo Fried Rice(d Cauliflower)




Tonight I wasn't really feeling what was planned for dinner.  It was a pretty crazy day at work and I just wanted a bowl of something comforting.  So on the drive home I started thinking we might have the stuff to attempt to prepare fried rice.  It actually turned out pretty good. This would be a great winter dinner. A steamy, yummy, comforting bowl of deliciousness!

I almost forgot the most important part...it really does taste like fried rice...not cauliflower!

I really didn't measure anything out. Here is what you'll need:
  • Sesame oil
  • Olive oil
  • 1 large carrot (diced)
  • Peas (I just cut up some pea pods)
  • Chicken (However much you would like) Or any other meat - we had chicken on hand
  • 1 head Cauliflower
  • Fresh Ginger Grated
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • Chili powder
  • Cayenne pepper (Next time I'll make sure to have some Thai chillies on hand)
  • 2 eggs (next time I would use at least 3)
  • Garlic powder (you could use fresh)
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
*I would add cashews next time...that sounds yummy!

Prepare:
  1. "Rice" cauliflower (put in food processor until the consistency of rice.  Or you could shred it)
  2. Put riced cauliflower in the microwave for about 7 minutes.
  3. Cut chicken into small, bite sized pieces
  4. Cook chicken in a mixture of Olive and Sesame oil.  Season with ginger, cayenne pepper, chili, garlic and salt.
  5. Put chicken aside
  6. Cook Carrot and peas in sesame/olive oil until they start getting a little tender
  7. Put in Cauliflower - Cook until Cauliflower starts to brown a little
  8. Season with more ginger, garlic powder, chili, cayenne, juice of 1 lime, salt and pepper to taste.
  9. Move Cauliflower to side of pan.  Crack 2 eggs (or more) and scramble a little then mix in with the rest of the cauliflower.
  10. Place meat back into pan and cook together for a few minutes.  Season to taste.

Eat piping hot and steaming...this was good stuff! I'm excited to try some different variations!

It was just what I needed after a crazy day...a yummy dinner...a hug from my sweet husband who helped to make dinner and clean up after...and a nice relaxing evening watching a Mariner's game. Okay...the Mariner's game wasn't my choice.  But Kyle is doing laundry right now as he watches and he just swept the floor so I'd be crazy to say something! :)

1 comment: