Well almost...according to some it is Paleo...and on Friday night "almost" is good enough for me!
So I don't as a general rule eat dairy. For the past 30 days I have been pretty strict about that. Jessica was doing her first Whole 30 and I was supporting her in that. She finished on Thursday...Woo-hoo! Way to go Sis! I'm proud of you. When I'm not being super strict I'll have a little dairy (cheese) maybe like once every couple weeks. It doesn't seem to bother me. Some people still eat dairy while eating paleo/primal...I guess it is up to you. I suggest cutting it out for a while and then reintroducing it to see how your body reacts.
So anyway...Kyle and I like to have this one on a Friday night...sit on the couch and maybe watch a movie. It feels very indulgent...but still quite good for you!
The crust is cauliflower...yep...cauliflower. I would suggest trying it with your kids. A good way to get them to eat some veggies. They don't even need to know! C'mon...who doesn't love pizza!
Ingredients: The crust: (This makes 2 pizzas!)
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- Some mozzarella cheese (I'm not sure how much? A couple cups at the most. Sometimes I put very little in it when I'm trying to "be good")
- Italian Seasoning (to taste)
- Onion Powder (to taste)
- Garlic Powder (to taste)
- Put cauliflower in food processor. (Or you can grate it...I had to do that a couple times when our food processor died!)
- Put cauliflower in microwave for about 7-8 minutes.
- Take out and let cool. This step is important...but SO hard when you are hungry!
- Mix together cauliflower, cheese, eggs, and seasonings.
- Place half the mixture on a pizza pan (or stone) and push it out until it is a good pizza shape.
- Bake at 450 for about 15 minutes (until it starts to get golden)
While that is baking...make your sauce. Or you can use a pre-made one...but they usually have sugar in them.
Sauce Ingredients: (somebody might have a really good recipe...I just eyeball things)
- 1 can Tomato Paste
- Olive oil
- A little apple sauce
- Italian seasonings
- Onion/Garlic powder to taste
- Mix together and microwave...or prepare on the stove top
When the "crust" is done...top with tomato sauce and whatever toppings you like. I like to put some Canadian bacon and Zucchini. I love the crunch of the Zucchini. (Kyle put some pepperoni on his half.) Then top with a little more cheese.
Now put your pizza under the broiler until it starts to get bubbly. Keep an eye on it. :) Nothing is more disappointing to getting side-tracked and coming back to burnt pizza!
SO DELICIOUS!! :) I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. It makes a great breakfast the next day too...Cold pizza!