Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Paleo shrimp and Crab Cakes

So...this was pretty yummy!  But...it made me pretty sick for a couple days.  I thought I could sneak in the onion and be okay....but no!  I get so sick when I eat onion.  I've been doing a good job of avoiding it for a long time and thought maybe a little bit would be okay.  I learned my lesson...again.  I have heard that allergies and food sensitivities can change when eating Paleo, but so far still a no go on the onion.  I think we will make these again...just without onion.  I'll miss you onion!

I don't have exacts for what we did on this one...but here is close enough:
Crab/Shrimp Cakes Ingredients:
  • 1 carrot shredded
  • 1/4 onion chopped
  • 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
  • Quite a bit of green onion chopped
  • Garlic powder (you could use fresh...but again...I'm allergic)
  • About a cup of shrimp chopped
  • About a cup or more of lump crab meat (precooked)
  • Cayenne pepper
  • Black pepper
  • 1 egg (or 2...I can't remember)
  • Spicy brown mustard (Like 2 Tbl?)
  • Almond flour
  • Shredded coconut
  • Coconut oil/Olive oil

Prepare:
  1. Saute carrot, bell pepper, onion in olive oil.  Then add green onion, garlic and shrimp. Cook until shrimp is pink and cooked through.  Place in large bowl.
  2. Mix in the crab, pepper, cayenne, egg, mustard and some almond flour to bind.
  3. Mix together some almond flour and shredded coconut (really fine shredded coconut)
  4. Form "crab cakes" into patties and coat with the almond/coconut mixture.
  5. Cook the cakes in coconut oil until golden brown on each side.

YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment