Sunday, July 15, 2012

Salmon Caesar Salad and Lemon Treats



Today we feature the Lemon. :)  There was lemon on the fish, the dressing and in the "dessert."  I just love lemon!

The weather has been A-MA-ZING in the Pacific Northwest these past few days.  We've been doing a lot of grilling.  Tonight Salmon was on the menu.  I wanted to try something a little different than our typical dressings...so I thought Caesar!  Now, Caesar is a little difficult when you can't have garlic...that is kind of the key ingredient.  But here is what I did and it turned out pretty yummy.


Caesar Dressing:
1 coddled egg
We didn't have anchovies so we used sardines...haha (2 1/2 of them)
Garlic powder (sad...no garlic!)
A little onion powder
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
Put in food processor
Drizzle in Olive oil slowly until consistency you want.


Kyle seasoned the Salmon and added some lemon.  He cooked it perfectly on the grill.

I wanted a little something sweet after dinner so I found what we had in the cupboards.  I wasn't sure if it was going to turn out...but it was pretty tasty.  There was a recipe I saw on pinterest that I would really like to try that is very similar.  I'll have to actually measure the ingredients and let you know how it turns out.

I put the last of the almond flour, the last of the shredded unsweetened coconut...a little coconut flour...juice of half a lemon...a squeeze of honey (I don't usually use honey), some vanilla and a little coconut oil.  I mixed it all together and then put it in the oven at 200 for awhile until they were warm.

I tried drizzling some unsweetened chocolate on a few of them.  It worked for a little sweets fix.  They were best eaten warm.  It is kind of fun experimenting here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment