Sunday, July 15, 2012

No Peanut Thai Peanut Sauce


A few of my friends have been raving about a Thai Peanut sauce recipe this past week or so...I started thinking...how could I make this Paleo.  I do LOVE Thai food...and I do LOVE Thai Peanut sauce. But Peanut and Sugar aren't really going to work with Paleo. Today we were having the Fried "Rice" Cauliflower I posted awhile back and I thought if I could get it to work...it could be pretty yummy together.

The taste was good...I think I just need to thin it out some more and make sure I use a smoother almond butter.

Almond butter
Coconut milk
Sesame oil
A little honey
Curry Powder
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Cayenne powder
A little black tea (steeped 3 bags of black tea and added a few tablespoons)
Add all together and simmer on oven.

I kind of loved it on the Fried Rice.  I'm looking forward to trying it on a salad or maybe some Thai lettuce wraps this next week.

Tweaks for next time...make sure to have a Thai chili, and smooth almond butter on hand.  I don't think I need to add the sesame oil next time.  And...I need to add more coconut milk/black tea to thin it out a bit more.

I'll keep working on it until I get it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment